Hot And cold therapy
Hot and Cold Therapy
Cold therapy is commonly used in the treatment of injury to lower inflammation and lessen pain. This practice, called cryotherapy, constricts blood vessels. This, in turn, causes muscle contractions and minimizes inflammation. However, it is essential to note that an excess of cold can lead to additional muscle tensions and spasms.
Heat therapy works by widening the blood vessels, which minimizes cramping and relieves pain in the process. When the blood flows more freely as stimulated by heat, more of the healing components of blood can reach a problem area.
Your Hot/Cold session at Float Valley
Spend 60 min in one of our Fire & Ice rooms at Float Valley, you can have up to 4 people in our Traditional & Ice Room or 3 people in our Infrared & Ice Room. At Float Valley, we recommend doing multiple cycles or rounds of sauna and ice bath. A good way to start would be by alternating between 15 mins of sauna followed by 3 mins in the ice bath and repeating 2-3 times.
After the session you will feel a sense of fulfillment, joy, and empowerment like none other. Shower off and enjoy a cup of tea in our waiting area.
Traditional & Ice Room
Infrared & Ice Room
Our new Infrared and Ice Room is the perfect introduction to hot & cold therapy. This is kept around 70 degrees Celsius, it is less intense than a traditional sauna and is much easier for beginners to handle the heat. It would be described as more of a soothing experience. In this room we keep the ice bath at 10 degrees Celsius. To read more about the benefits of the Infrared sauna click here.
The Benefits of Hot/Cold Therapy
- Enhances Attention and Concentration: Heightens your awareness and sharpens your focus, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in the present moment.
- Brings Relief to Depression Symptoms: Shown to alleviate the symptoms of depression, providing a sense of relief and restoring a positive outlook on life.
- Calms the Mind and Body: It can reduce the feelings of anxiety that often accompany the stresses of daily life.
- Boosts the Production of Key Neurotransmitters: It has been linked to increases in the production of noradrenaline and dopamine, which are crucial for maintaining a positive mood and supporting cognitive function.
- Energizes and Uplifts: It can boost your energy levels and enhance your overall sense of positivity and well-being, leaving you feeling revitalized and ready to take on the day.
Although regular exercise and healthy eating are major factors in maintaining a healthy weight, ice baths and sauna can help, if combined with a proper diet and exercise routine, to burn calories for hours after exposure. Repeated hot/cold exposure can help to reset the body’s metabolic rate and naturally increase the body’s metabolism for many hours after each session.
- Increases circulation and elimination of toxins from the blood and body
- Boosts metabolic rate
- Resets the body’s natural metabolic level
Sports & Fitness
Hot and cold therapy is a proven technique that can benefit athletes of all levels in their recovery journey. It reduces inflammation, swelling, and pain while enhancing energy levels, releasing endorphins, and improving muscle activation and blood circulation. This technique can also improve cardiovascular health and lead to greater testosterone levels in men. By incorporating hot and cold therapy into your recovery routine, you can experience numerous benefits that help you recover faster and perform at your best.
- Soothe Your Body: Reducing Pain and Inflammation
- Increase Your Vitality: Achieve Higher Testosterone Levels in Men
- Strengthen Your Muscles: Improve Muscle and Motor Unit Function
- Enhance Your Circulation: Boost Blood Flow and Health
- Elevate Your Mood: Boost Energy and Release Endorphins
Beauty & Anti-Aging
Hot/Cold Exposure is a safe and natural alternative to achieving anti-aging results without expensive surgical procedures. The benefits of hot/cold therapy include tightening skin and stimulating collagen production. Hot/Cold therapy increases blood flow to the skin to help reduce toxins and rejuvenate the skin, including the reduction of visible cellulite.
- Enhanced Collagen Synthesis for Smoother Skin: Boosts Skin Tone and Reduces Cellulite and Wrinkles
- Combat Oxidative Stress: Enhances Blood Circulation and Detoxifies Skin
- Better Skin Health: Alleviates Skin Problems like Psoriasis, Blemishes, and Acne for a Radiant Complexion
- Improves immune system function
Hot/Cold Exposure benefits individuals who are recovering from surgery where reduced inflammation and increased blood flow will assist in reducing recovery times. Consult your physician before beginning hot/cold Therapy and Ice Bath treatments.
- Can reduce pain in people with chronic pain syndromes
- Reduces muscle inflammation
- Natural pain relief due to analgesic effects of endorphins released
- Improved circulation to facilitate healing and removal of toxins
60-Minute Single Person: $80+ HST
60-Minute Two People: $100+ HST
60-Minute Three People: $120+ HST
3 x 60-Minute Single Person: $215 + HST
6 x 60-Minute Single Person: $399 + HST
10 x 60-Minute Single Person: $639 + HS6
Purchase At Float Valley
Aroma Ice Therapy
an add-on for the Fire & Ice Traditional Sauna at Float Valley
Option 1: Shaved Ice with the Essential Oil of your choice
- Choice of either: uplifting Lemongrass, relaxing Lavender, or refreshing Eucalyptus
Option 2: Three Ice Spheres with each Essential Oil option
- One of each: uplifting Lemongrass, relaxing Lavender, and refreshing Eucalyptus
Take your Traditional Sauna experience to the next level with Aroma Ice Therapy!
Float Valley offers 3 essential oil scents: uplifting lemongrass, relaxing lavender, and refreshing eucalyptus.
Book the 5$ add-on to receive shaved ice in the essential oil scent of your choice. Or you can select the 10-15$ add-on and receive 3 Ice Spheres with each Essential Oil option.
Please select this add-on when booking your service so employees can prepare the ice for the time of your session. Ice spheres must be selected for booking with a minimum of 2 hours’ notice of your appointment time so they can be made. If Ice Spheres are not available, shaved ice will be an available option
- Those with type 1 or 2 diabetes, preexisting cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure should avoid ice baths.
- First-time bathers shouldn’t do more than 3 minutes maximum.
- Listen to your body
- Step in and out of the tub slowly
What to Bring?
- Water Bottle
More Information on Hot/Cold therapy
The following are links to published studies on Hot/Cold Therapy: